Radon Testing in Chelmsford MA
Radon Testing Chelmsford Residents can Count On
After a long day’s work, your home is a place of refuge and relaxation. But what if there was something invisible, odorless and impossible for you to detect that was putting you, your family and even your pets at risk? This invisible culprit is radon, a natural occurring radioactive gas common in and around the Chelmsford, MA area, impacting homes and businesses both old and new.
With over 30 years of experience, New England Radon knows a thing or two about radon detection, radon testing, and radon mitigation and has proudly contributed to the safety and well-being of local residents for decades.
There is no time like the present to act. If you have not yet had your
home tested, or if it has been a while since the last radon inspection. Our
team of friendly, highly experienced radon professionals is ready and able to
What is Radon?
Many homeowners in Chelmsford are confused as to what radon is, or whether or not it is something that should concern them. At New England Radon we’re here to set the record straight. Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas found throughout the United States. This gas is emitted from decaying uranium, a mineral, dispersed throughout soil and rocks.
This gas is both odorless and colorless, making it impossible to detect without a professional inspection.
As it is emitted the gas rises through the soil and out into the air above ground. Through this process is can and does seep into buildings such as homes and businesses through foundation cracks and other openings.
Do you have questions?
Who Has to Worry About Radon in their Home?
Because radon is a common andradon remediation In Chelmsford MA naturally occurring phenomenon, many areas across the United States are at risk, including Chelmsford, MA.
According to the EPA, as many as 1 in 3 homes sampled across seven states had radon levels detected at measures exceeding the EPA’s recommended level for exposure.
Because of this, both the US Surgeon General and the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) recommend that ALL homes be tested below the third level for radon. A professional inspection by an experienced radon detection and mitigation company, such as New England Radon, is the only way to know for sure if you and your family are at risk.
Why is Radon so Dangerous?
When in open areas where radon can rise and then disperse into the outdoors where it quickly dissipates, radon is largely not an issue at all. However, when radon seeps into homes and businesses, especially those less well ventilated, it collects and concentrations rise to dangerous levels.
Common Ways Radon Gets Inside Homes
• Sump pits
• Dirt floors
• Slab joints
• Block walls
• Openings and cracks in flooring
• Cracks or poor seals in foundations
The Dangers of Radon Gas
Radon results in producing radioactive dust that is then breathed in. This radioactive material stays in our airways and lungs causing genetic damage at the cellular level.
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the Surgeon General’s Office, it is estimated that each year radon is the cause of up to 20,000 lung cancer deaths nationwide.
Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths each year than radon.
Radon Testing and Detection
The bad news is that radon isradon testing in Chelmsford MA quite prevalent in the Chelmsford area. The good news is that our team at New England Radon is here to help. Testing is fast, efficient, accurate and affordable. Since its inception, we’ve dedicated our business to protect the residents of Chelmsford, MA and surrounding areas from the dangers of radon exposure.
No matter if you’re moving into a new home, are concerned about the levels in your existing residence, or preparing for putting your property on the market, we’ve got you covered.
Our radon testing systems can provide peace of mind, or identify concerns that need to be addressed. With over 30 years of experience, we have the know-how and expertise to get the job done right. If radon is found, we are equipped to assist you with reliable and effective mitigation services.
From air to water, New England Radon has remediation solutions that can quickly, affordably and effectively reduce radon levels well under EPA requirements and improve the safety of your home.
Air Radon Mitigation
Based on diagnostic results, the source, and levels of radon, our team will be able to provide options for a customized radon mitigation solution to improve the safety and air quality of your home.
We pride ourselves on delivering value, results and providing cost-effective solutions our customers can count on to protect their family.
Sub-Slab Depressurization System (SSD)
This system effectively draws airradon water mitigation system Chelmsford MA from beneath the slab or barrier between the air above and the radon below, and then works to pump that air out above the roofline through a PVC pipe.
These systems are highly efficient, effective and largely maintenance-free, making them a perfect solution for many of our customers.
Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV)
Often a favored solution when access to the crawlspace is limited or not available, a HRV system works by replacing the air in the basement with that from outside. This process effectively results in diluting the radon in the home
Call us today 603-893-4260 to learn more or set up an appointment HERE
A Team You Can Trust to Keep your Family and Home Safe
Radon is a serious and potentially life-threatening issue that many Chelmsford residents face. At New England Radon we are committed to providing fast, efficient and affordable services that our customers can rely on.
Whether it’s been a while since your last radon inspection, or this is your first time, our team will walk you through every step of the process and will make sure we address any concerns you may have.
What Our Customers Say
The office was always available when I called. I will definitely recommend them.
The installer came in and did the installation with little intervention with us. Did a great job installing the system, The install is neat, clean, and well done.
Crew members were very thorough and explained all of the work that was done. I would highly recommend them.